Thursday, September 29, 2011

Being Honest.

"Aaah... Romano, it'd be so cute if you were this honest all the time."
—Spain

So if I'm going to make an actual blog where I actually blog about real things, I might as well be honest about it.

I am a total nerd.  The complete list of all the things which qualify me as a nerd would be very long and too boring to read, but in summary, it boils down to anime, comics, and games.  I just happen to be lucky in that I have parents that are understanding enough and a stubborn streak... stubborn enough that I've pushed my way through school and through life intending to live as a complete and total nerd and be proud of it.

Want to know what I do with my free time, besides keep blogs on about four different sites?  I post fanart to deviantART incessantly.  Sometimes it's good, usually it's just stupid things to make people laugh.  I also cosplay.  The number of costumes I've made is rather ridiculous, considering the short time I've been cosplaying (this is the fourth year), but lately I've only been playing Ventus [Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep] and Romano (South Italy) [Axis Powers Hetalia].  On Friday nights, I play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends.  I'm currently playing a human swordmage, who by some stroke of misfortune (read, Andria mistyping my information into my character sheet) is five years old.  It's been... interesting.

I also spend a lot of time working on Sorae, which as I've mentioned is just a catch-all term for all the other little projects that I do when I don't feel like making computer models.  I try to link everything back to Sorae, since that's the one thing I think might actually be profitable someday out of all the random things I do.

I mentioned briefly what Sorae is in the last post, but I'll copy and paste the definition I wrote for Andria for her novel project elaborate here:

Sorae is unlimited potential.  It means “the amount of energy in the sun, and the limits set by the sky.”  It is everything we are, and everything we could possibly be.  It is everything encompassed by this universe and every other universe that could exist.
Sorae can be pronounced in different ways. 
Sorae (soh-ray) = sore (“that”) = sole (“sun”) 
Sorae (soh-rah-eh) = sora e (“to the sky”) 
Sorae as “sora e” = “to myself” (Stefanie Kim Yoshiko)
But the meanings are infinite.
Sorae accepts that the possibilities for pain are infinite, but so are the possibilities for happiness. 
Further, pain and happiness, and all other sets of dichotomies, are naturally connected.  Sorae accepts that all concepts, no matter how seemingly different they are, are naturally connected.  Similarly, all people, all existing things are connected to each other.  These connections are not always apparent, and in fact may never be discovered.  But Sorae accepts the possibility of those infinite connections.
 That's it, in a nutshell.

... hmmm.  Well, that's all I have to say for now, which is kind of a shame since my second class in a week has been cancelled today and I have nothing to do for two hours.  I'll just end with a photograph I took today, I guess.



I'm not really a photographer, but I like taking photographs, and campus was really pretty today.  Except I got a whole bunch of dried leaves flying in my eyes.  I think it's time to bust out the "contacts + goggles" solution again.  Er, I guess it's not "again," since I've never actually put it into practice.  Well, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of yours on deviantArt, and looking at your blog has let me see a whole new side of you! I really like the concept of Sorae. There really is so much potential in everyone, and it's really inspiring to see someone like you striving to live up to that potential and being involved with so many things, being so actively involved in life. I hope that I can motivate myself to be as positive and try as hard as you do!

    ReplyDelete